Forums

For every reply or new topic you create you will receive 100 IcePoints!
Gold Accounts also receive 1 IC for their first 5 posts each day. Please click here.
Recode Preview #18 Started by: Locked 10 Replies | 217 Views

• October 21, 2016 22:56
Crazed Code Monkey

It's here! Another month has gone by, which means it's time for another Recode Preview, this time featuring Quests.

Choose Your Difficulty

To start, here's a sneak preview of how the new Quests will look! Quests have been overhauled to look nicer, work more efficiently, and be more unique. As you can see in the screenshot above, we've added new difficulty levels to some of our Quests. This will mean different difficulties could have new rewards, higher IcePoint prizes, or even additional Quest Points! With this change, we can also customize each Quest completely.

Shop Search

Once you begin a Quest, you will be met with a page similar to this, listing out the Items you need to retrieve. We've introduced a Search Shops button that will let you automatically take you to the Shops Search page for that Item. This can be quickly opened in a new tab or window, for faster Questing!

Failed

Another update we wanted to make was more involved names, stories, and personalities for our NPCs. Here you can see that we've revamped an old face. No more "poor Alien dude", we've given Neil a name and personality!

Statistics

There will also be a Statistics Page to keep track of how many times you've successfully completed a Quest, failed a Quest, or abandoned one. There will be other interesting statistics to review as well!

AutoCoder

That's it for this month's Recode Preview. Remember, we love hearing your Ideas and Suggestions, so please let us hear your opinions. Stay tuned for what exciting new things will be revealed next month!

• October 21, 2016 23:20
...resists the urge to take the fur clippers to Neil's chin....

You've clearly done a TON of work on this! I'll probably think of more questions, but the first burning one is,

What is the difference between an abandonned quest and a failed one? :)

• October 21, 2016 23:34
@CoastPony - A failed quest happens when you tell the quest master that you have all of the items but you really don't. You are then able to go back and give retry the quest. An abandoned quest is one that you decided is too hard / unachievable so you abandon it like you do today.

• October 21, 2016 23:37
@Judda thanks for the explaination! [yes]

• October 22, 2016 02:36
@Judda, when you say "the option to customize each quest completely" does that mean like... increasing the odds of winning a rare prize the harder the difficulty??

Like a .5% chance on easy --> 2% chance on hardest?

• October 22, 2016 02:57
@Cowpro - the harder the quest you select (i.e. more items), the better the overall prize will be.

• October 22, 2016 03:14
Lol, we'll have to actually start paying closer attention to whether or not our items successfully loaded before going to complete our Quests now. xD And make sure we've frozen the correct color Token. :3

• October 22, 2016 10:56
This looks really awesome! You've done so much work :)

• October 26, 2016 02:44
Yes!! I love the artwork and the character you give him!

Such a great preview! :)

• October 26, 2016 13:04
I'm super excited for this! Being able to choose my quest level is perfect, especially when hunting for the rarer prizes