Forums

For every reply or new topic you create you will receive 100 IcePoints!
Gold Accounts also receive 1 IC for their first 5 posts each day. Please click here.
New Icepets Server! Started by: 24 Replies | 406 Views

• November 12, 2019 15:55

3982.png

If you're seeing this, then you have arrived at the new server for Icepets.com. We have just done a transition of all the site code, features and everything else. There are still a few issues around the site that we are working on, so if you notice anything that's wonky, please make a post in the Site Glitches forum and we'll do our best to get things fixed asap.

I just wanted to introduce myself as Ace, the new owner of Icepets. I've been getting to know the Icepet's team all week and I'm really impressed with everything they've done so far. We've had some good discussions about the direction of where they want the site to go and hopefully I can use my skills to help improve the site.

As a programmer, I'll be working on the current site to make improvements, add events and listening to your suggestions. We are also going to get that recode finished, one way or another, but my main priority is to help bring back activity, keep things alive and interesting.

I'm excited to work with the team and hopefully make some improvements to a site you all enjoy playing.

• November 12, 2019 16:25
@Ace20

I am looking forward to seeing the positive changes you are planning to implement come to life. Thank you for wanting to give IcePets a happy future!

• November 12, 2019 16:48
Thank you so much @Ace20! Looking forward to see what the future will bring for Icepets! :D

• November 13, 2019 15:32
This is an exciting news post! So glad things are looking positive, I'm really pleased for the community <3

• November 13, 2019 16:46
Looking forward to what's to come for IcePets! <3 Thanks Ace!

• November 13, 2019 17:45
This is really exciting news. I'm glad we've got a new owner this fast. I was really worried about the future of IcePets. So a big warm welcome @Ace20

• November 13, 2019 17:46
I hope we can expect some good things to come in the future.

Thank you.

• November 13, 2019 18:01
@Ace20
How do you plan to handle the development of IcePets alongside the development of your other petsite NeverGuardians?
Are you thinking of keeping them as separate projects or combining them in any way?
I'm glad to see that you have some experience in virtual pet sites but I hope IcePets isn't sidelined or used as a way to promote a potentially competing pet site.

• November 13, 2019 19:18
@Ace20
So excited to work with you! Looking forward to the very bright future of IcePets. ^8^

• November 13, 2019 19:57
Hi @Ace20, nice to meet you. I'm so happy the sites back up and I can't wait to see what all happens here now.

• November 13, 2019 20:29
Here's to a good future! Thank you Ace, I'm looking forward to seeing your contributions. =')

• November 13, 2019 21:11
@Ace20

Welcome aboard!!

• November 13, 2019 22:44
Hello ace!

Guess you're the new code monkey eh? haha

• November 14, 2019 02:59
Welcome to the site, wish you and all the mods well, thanks for keeping things going <3

• November 14, 2019 04:38
Welcome to IcePets, @Ace20! <3

• November 14, 2019 07:51
Welcome to IcePets! A toast to a bright future!

• November 14, 2019 10:48

Posted by Read

@Ace20
How do you plan to handle the development of IcePets alongside the development of your other petsite NeverGuardians?
Are you thinking of keeping them as separate projects or combining them in any way?
I'm glad to see that you have some experience in virtual pet sites but I hope IcePets isn't sidelined or used as a way to promote a potentially competing pet site.

I too would like to know this.

• November 14, 2019 17:22
Had no idea about the other virtual site until I went to look it up.and turns out I had it bookmarked. This is a good question though?

• November 15, 2019 00:54
Oh hey, and welcome to IcePets! Glad to see the site got picked up by someone, I was so worried. I hope to see things continue to flourish for the future of the site - good luck! I'm sure you'll do well!

• November 15, 2019 19:52
I am so glad to see Icepets got a new owner! I was worried at first that no one would take the job.

• November 16, 2019 06:48
Thanks for the update! Cant wait to see what you do. :)
(*)

• November 17, 2019 00:27

Posted by Read

@Ace20

a few of us are wondering the same thing.

• November 17, 2019 13:28
Offline for four days. :eyes:
Of all the times to alleviate the player's worries, this was probably the best time...

• November 17, 2019 14:07

Posted by Read

Offline for four days. :eyes:
Of all the times to alleviate the player's worries, this was probably the best time...

Not the best time for that :( ... But he post nothing for his other game either so maybe he's busy with life/work...