Forums

For every reply or new topic you create you will receive 100 IcePoints!
Gold Accounts also receive 1 IC for their first 5 posts each day. Please click here.
Forum Rewards + Staff Changes Started by: Locked 16 Replies | 387 Views

• January 29, 2016 12:22
We've made some changes to the forum rewards!

Starting today, posting on the forums will reward you with 100 IcePoints per post instead of the previous 10. That means that posting on the boards has just gotten even more rewarding!

There has also been a slight change to the IceCash rewards a Gold User receives. Instead of getting 2 IceCash per post, up to a total of 20 IceCash per day, you will now be handed out 1 IceCash per post, with a maximum of 5 IceCash per day.

To celebrate the changes, there will be a small event. For one whole month (Starting today, the 29th of January and ending after the 29th of February), you will receive five times the IcePoints amount. That means that you will get 500 IcePoints per post made on any board (Forum Games excluded). This is limited to a total of 10,000 IcePoints per day. After this limit has been reached, you will get the usual 100 IcePoints per post.
Happy posting!

Sadly, we have to announce that our beloved @Pom has left the IcePets Staff to focus more time on his studies. We wish him all the best and will always keep him in our hearts.

That also means that we will be looking for a new team member that can take over his position as an Editor. Do you like writing as well as working in a team? Then you should go ahead and give it a try. Don't be afraid to apply - We (probably) won't bite!

• January 29, 2016 12:36
Well :S

I feel disappointed with that IC reduction... 10 per day down from 20 would have been better.

Shame to see you go @Pom :(

• January 29, 2016 13:32
I'm a little saddened by the IC change but I'm glad to see the IP count increased.

@Pom - I hope your studies go well!

• January 29, 2016 13:35
Sadly Post got Ic reduction. Getting 2 Ic for each post was the reason I was going to get gold account...
Now I'll think twice...Since I don't see much incentive for gold account :/
Just my opinion. :D thanks for the little event. I will def enjoy it :D

• January 29, 2016 14:01
@Pom *bundles you up and hands you a cup of hot cocoa for your winter studies *ninja* you're a smart cookie, good on you for wanting to give more time to your studies. I'm missing you on here, but it's the right thing to do. Best wishes with the semester! <3

As for the forum posting, I've never paid much attention to the posts/Ip points, so this will be novel. LOL, I don't know why, but suddenly I feel shy about posting. I'm sure that'll pass :D

• January 29, 2016 16:43
-Wow, that's quite the increase in IP... O_O

-Wow, that's quite the drastic decrease in IC... Was IC getting too inflated or something? :o (I nominally suspect that they did this now because I was going to be so close to getting a Gold Account and the IC per post per day was probably the biggest reason I wanted one... :P /doesn'tbelieveincoincidence *ninja* )

*thwarted!* XD

-That's an interesting Event... :L Trying to increase Forum participation a bunch?... :O

-Sad to see @Pom go from Staff (especially before his birthday :p XD ), but I hope you do well in your studies and that we'll still see you around sometimes. ^_^

• January 29, 2016 18:07
Woo! Time to start chit-chatting a bit more.

Again, we'll miss you @Pom! <3

• January 29, 2016 18:37
Good luck @Pom! Hope everything goes well for you.

• January 29, 2016 20:05
Well it's another motivation to keep up writing on the boards :P I'm also looking forward to the valentines event if it happens this year :D

• January 30, 2016 00:53
Thank you for everything @Pom
!

Sadly Post got Ic reduction. Getting 2 Ic for each post was the reason I was going to get gold account...
Now I'll think twice...Since I don't see much incentive for gold account :/

^

That reduction is way too much if you want my advice and I'll think twice before getting gold too because that was one of the things why I bought a Gold Account (with the quests...)...

Edit: 5 icecash per day is a bit ridiculous ... its 150 IC MAXIMUM per month...

• January 30, 2016 08:30
I'd like to point out that iC is comparable to real money. The site was, essentially, giving out the equivalent of $0.10 per user, per day (for those who posted). While it doesn't seem like a lot, it's still free money.

PLUS, we still get free money. Most sites make you watch videos to get free money. Bless you IcePets.

• January 30, 2016 17:07
The thing, Dillon, is that it isn't real money

You have to pay to get the Gold Membership anyway...

• January 30, 2016 19:56
It's a form of currency. When you buy iC you're exchanging whatever currency you use, for site currency. I think of it the same as if I were to go to Europe. I'd exchange Canadian dollars for Euros. I then use the Euros to purchase European goods.

When I come onto IcePets I exchange the Canadian dollar for iC, so I can purchase IcePets goods. The bonus is, if I buy a certain item with my iC, IcePets gives me free money. Money, that I'm typically expected to pay for. IcePets is basically giving us their own money as a reward for buying a gold account. while it may not seem like a lot, it adds up over all the users that post (with a GA), and across all the days that they post.

• January 31, 2016 06:33
I know that but still it is only a currency for this site. I cant trade Icecash for other things than icepets stuff. You can always trade canadien dollar for euros for example.

And now they will probably earn less money because now GAs doesnt have that much use
5 ic per day is almost pointless

That means 150 per month

After à completed year if posted 5 times per day , and if we post all the days the maximum, ill have 1800 total which means not even 2 custom avs ...

• January 31, 2016 12:54
haha, every time I hear (or read I guess in this case :L ) the variation on "I won't bite", it reminds me of when I was in high school, I had this shirt that had felix the cat as a vampire and it said "I bite". Once I wore it to my boyfriend's (now my hubbs <3) and his sister was wearing a shirt that said "I bite back". XD

• February 1, 2016 22:50
LOL Odin that would have been so funny to see :L